Thursday 18 August 2011

The Commute from York

Friday 1st July

Following a few days rest moored at the Museum Gardens in York I departed at 12:20 in the tropical weather arriving at Naburn Marina 13:00.  Do check ahead to make sure there's space as there isn't a lot of space here for narrowboats. There are maybe 8 spaces on short finger pontoons, and due to lack of turning space I couldn't park nose first - this meant balancing on the gunwale with the shopping/laptop to get out!     £66 for 4 nights berth.  17:00 it was time for the commute to Leeds for work - Night shifts - oh joy!

Sat 2nd
Sleep 10am through to 4pm.  It's sickeningly hot - really nice day out there but I've gone nocturnal so it hurts!

Back to work 17:15. Haye v Klitschko on tonight - great atmosphere at work but disappointing fight.

Sun/Mon 3rd/4th
Sleep Day - Work night - yawn.

Naburn Geese (there are a lot!!)


Tues 5th
Left the marina today and back to the Museum Gardens.  

Had a visit from Katy's parents and I got the feeling they thought I was living in squalor - but it's not like that at all except on the days I 'forget' to do the washing up!  I think they left relatively impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment