Monday 19 September 2011

Two Interviews and a Wedding!

It's been a busy few weeks away from the water, I've had 2 interviews at work in the last two weeks, nightshifts wedged in between, and performed best man duties at my brother Phil's wedding so kept busy!

A 50 % success rating in the interviews means I can continue in my current post thank god.  I shall bite my tongue regards the usefulness of the process itself!

On a more positive note I've also had the honour of being Best Man at Phil's wedding in Bishopthorpe, York.  Congratulations Phil and Pauline on what was a great day - quite surreal finally attending the wedding of my own bro!  Obviously there had been a few nerves on my part (Phil and Pauline just seemed really happy!) especially around delivery of the speech.  But, whilst I'm sure the content could have been funnier, feedback was all good and I felt pretty pleased!  And Phil relieved that I kept the worst stories to myself!  Good to see so much of the family, many for the first time.

Back to work at the weekend.  Hope to get a chance to move out of the dock before then. Bit worried I'll be choked with Soggy bread & Naan before I do!  So frustrating being behind the footbridge but hey ho - BW Rob is usually very helpful, it's just impossible to be spontaneous. And at least there's not been any more glass bottles and dirty crockery smashing on the roof.  But still no sign of the return of Crusader or Martini as yet which does make me feel like I have a bullseye target up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment